Friday, February 28, 2014

Not Legal

Okay, so apparently I'm illegal.

I just found out before my last basketball game that my jersey number is not legit.

Since we're the first Junior Varsity the school has had since the old school burned down, we got new uniforms at the beginning of this year. So we each got to choose the number we wanted. I chose the number seven, as that is my lucky number.



I didn't know there was a rule about this stuff, but there is. A player's number can be no more than two digits, and each digit has to be less than five. Each digit has to be less than five so that the referee can make the number with one hand when he's calling fouls. And seven, as you hopefully know, cannot be made with one hand.

So according to the rules of basketball, I'm illegal. According to basketball, my number is twenty-five. So I've been a pain all year for the people who keep the books during games, because the signal the ref makes with his hands is twenty-five in referee-language.

Nobody said anything about it until Monday, which was our last home game. Only one referee pointed it out all season.

I get to keep my jersey since they can't reuse it for next year's team.

Anyway, any ideas as to what I can do with it? It's not really appropriate to wear around-- although I probably will at sometime this summer anyways-- because of the armholes of the sleeveless jersey are so long, and it's kind of revealing. And it's not very flattering, either, if you know what I mean. :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and drop me a comment-- I appreciate them so much! I try to reply to all comments you leave me as quick as I can, whether it's on my blog or yours.
Love,
Rebecca :)