Friday, January 24, 2014

But It's STILL Cold Outside (Yay!)

Sigh. January is almost over. The first month of the year is gone. 
 
Basketball season is almost over. The birthday and Christmas cards have finally stopped coming. (It's a little bit depressing to walk the quarter-mile to the mailbox and find nothing but catalogs and bills. It means the holidays are officially over.) And on February 1st, I'll have to take down the birthday cards displayed on my dresser:
 
This isn't the best quality picture,
but it was hard to get them all in there!
I still barely managed to get them all in one picture--
see, Fat Cat on the end is sucking in his stomach
 to fit in the picture!
 
Thank goodness winter isn't over yet! There's still a good foot of snow, short dark days, way-below-0 windchills, and school cancelations reminding us of that.
 
I'm not being sarcastic when I say I really do love January! I wish it never had to end. Why is it that people love snow and a nip in the air in December, but complain and whine about it after New Year's?

I'm going to go out and enjoy the winter weather! Oh, wait. It's already six o'clock, which means it's pitch-black outside.
 
Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and drop me a comment-- I appreciate them so much! I try to reply to all comments you leave me as quick as I can, whether it's on my blog or yours.
Love,
Rebecca :)