Sunday, October 20, 2013

Seven Things on Sundays-- October 20th, 2013


Hi! I'm going to start doing what I call Seven Things on Sundays. It's where I make a random list of seven things-- for example, seven facts about L. M. Montgomery:

1. She is the author of 20 novels and over 500 articles, poems, and short stories.
2. Almost all of these take place on her beloved Prince Edward Island, where she grew up with her maternal grandparents.
3. She is best known for her novel, Anne of Green Gables, which has sold over 50 million copies and has been translated into 20 languages
4. Her mother died when she was 21 months old; her father gave custody of her to her grandparents and headed west.
5. Her husband was mentally ill. It's amazing how even though she had a hard life, she still managed to do something great!
6. Quote: "Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing."
7. She is my role model.

L. M. Montgomery, age 10. This is the cover for her book,
Emily of New Moon. They used her photo because the character,
Emily, is made after her.


Now, for today:

Seven random things about me:
 
 1. I go around with a pen or pencil in my shoe. Yes, it's true. When I do actually wear shoes, anyway (barefoot or flip-flops are preferable). You never know when you might need to write something important down! I also sometimes put a small notebook in my rain boot. My friends say I'm a true writer because of this. My enemies call me just plain weird.
 
2.  I can memorize numbers, but not words. This may someday prove useful, if I'm ever hit by a car and happen to catch the license plate number. But it has yet to help me out with anything useful, like schoolwork. (example: There are very few numbers in the Declaration of Independence or the Gettysburg Address!)
 
3. I write my best stuff late at night (or early in the morning, depending how you look at it). That's the reason I always have purple shadows under my eyes.
 
4. I always eat the icing last. It's just better that way, people!
 
5. I never fix my hair. Unlike normal girls my age, I do not bother putting my hair up. Why waste time when I could be writing?
 
6. I have four crazy younger siblings. Okay, this one is so not my fault.

7. Some of my friends call me a stalker. This is because of the number-memorization thing. I'm like a walking address book; I can remember people's phone numbers and addresses without even thinking. I'm not really a stalker, I promise!

I can't wait for Tuesday! I'm doing creative writing... probably....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and drop me a comment-- I appreciate them so much! I try to reply to all comments you leave me as quick as I can, whether it's on my blog or yours.
Love,
Rebecca :)