Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 3 and 4 and 5

Yes, I've been a bad girl. I missed a day! But I'm doing it now, and that's what counts, right? So here it is:

Day 3:
A Favorite Book
 
 

My favorite book? I am a writer, people-- you are just asking for it here! There's about a hundred titles I could list off the top of my head!

But I am going to spare you from that, and just say Emily Climbs by L. M. Montgomery.

Emily Climbs is the story of Emily Starr, an orphan, who is born with the natural inclination to write. But Emily's romantic writer's spirit often clashes with the strict traditions of her mother's family, the stiff, sensible Murray's. Emily is so much like me in some ways, it scared me a little when I read it. Emily's story is much like that of Anne's, only Emily is more serious about writing and her imagination is a little creepier. In fact, in some places, L. M. Montgomery has you wondering if it was Emily's fantasizing or Something Else that inspired the spooky coincidences.

You can read more about it by clicking that link above, because I'm going to be lazy and hurry to get day 4 and 5 done!

Day 4:
A Favorite Television Program
 
"Has anyone ever watched Good Luck Charlie?"

"Ooh, me! Me! I have!" (jumps up, waving arms frantically) "It's the best Disney show ever!"

Good Luck Charlie is awesome! It's like watching a reenactment of things that happen in my house daily. Seriously, sometimes I wonder if the writers of the Good Luck Charlie script have a camera on my house that they watch when they need inspiration for a new episode. There's a character whose personality matches each of the kids in my family:

Me= Teddy
Joshua= PJ
Levi= Gabe
Hannah= Charlie
Nathan= Toby

Good luck, Hannah! (ha!)
Day 5:
A Favorite Quote
 
 
"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"
--L. M. Montgomery
 
Most truthful quote ever! When you mess up bad, and you wish that you'd been fatally wounded by an angry horse instead of having to suffer through that mortifying event, it's wonderful to know that there's always tomorrow to start fresh. Tomorrow is clean and pure and unwrinkled; there's the possibility that it could be the best day of your life. But you don't know that until you get through this moment right now, so that thought keeps you going. If I can just make it through this, if I can just make it to tomorrow, everything will be okay.
 
You do have to be careful with that, though-- appreciate today, and enjoy the little things. If you always live for what's going to happen tomorrow, you'll waste your whole life.
 
The only thing about this quote is the word "nice." "Nice" is a horrible descriptive word! It means something isn't horrible, but it isn't good, either. If you really want to insult a true writer, tell them their writing is "nice!" If it's not excellent, or at least good, then what's the point of your doing it anyway?! But I think the word is excusable here, as it helps get the point across to people who don't understand the folly of the word "nice."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and drop me a comment-- I appreciate them so much! I try to reply to all comments you leave me as quick as I can, whether it's on my blog or yours.
Love,
Rebecca :)