Sunday, December 8, 2013

What Is A Synopsis? I Didn't Know Till Now!



 Definition:
 
 Synopsis: a brief survey or summary of something; a short outline or review of the main points.

I just learned a new word, case ya couldn't tell.  :^)

Hey, how's this for a synopsis? I've come as close as I dared to writing part of my novel (which would be breaking my promise to myself!) and wrote a summary for it. I'm not 100 % sure what the title's going to be. . . something that has to do with secrets. . . .

I'll get back to you on that!

For now, here's the synopsis for my next novel. Keep in mind that this is my first attempt at writing one for any of my books.


“A murderer will do anything to cover up what he has done.”
Derek knows a secret-- a gargantuan secret: he watched his stepfather, Jason, kill his mother. But he doesn’t dare tell anyone.
Derek is eleven now and has kept his mouth shut for five years, always fearing the big, ugly, abusive terror of a man that is his legal guardian. He’s terrified that somehow the secret might slip out--
And what might Jason do to him then?
Derek has finally found a place to fit in in Jessimon. He wouldn’t trade in his new life for anything. But when a series of robberies strikes the innocent little town, Derek thinks he may know who the thief is-- but in order to condemn the suspect, things from the past must come out of the shadows.
Does Derek care about Jessimon and his new friends enough to risk his own safety?



Tell me what you think in the comments!

XOXOXOXO

-- Rebecca

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and drop me a comment-- I appreciate them so much! I try to reply to all comments you leave me as quick as I can, whether it's on my blog or yours.
Love,
Rebecca :)