Wednesday, July 15, 2015

DIY: Shabby Chic Rag Banner

Good morning all! Today I have decided to show you a craft I love making.
 
 
 
These rag garlands are really cute.  You can hang them over windows or use them as banners at parties.  You can change out the fabrics, too, for the change of season or a redecorating.
You'll need:
  • Some type of string. It could be twine or yarn or a shoelace, depending on the design you have in mind.

  • Scissors

  • Fabric (Mine came with a kit for making these.  I'll put the link here as soon as I can remember the name-- I threw away the paper thing.)

 

 
1. Cut the fabric into strips. Mine were about an inch wide and a foot long, but you don't have to be exact.

 

2. Fold one strip in half, then lay the string on top of it.

 
 
 

3. Bring the ends of the string through the loop at the top and pull it into a knot around the string.

 

 
 

4. Continue tying strips of fabric until the banner is the desired length.


 
 
  I love how flexible this craft is.  You could use ribbons instead of fabric.  You could get a pattern going or just attach them at random.  You could make a fancy one and give it as a gift. You could even country-fy it by using twine with camouflage fabric. :)

 
 I promise I'll do a writing post again soon! :D

3 comments:

  1. It looks so darn lovely! <3 Purple is a beautiful color.
    Wonderful DIY, Rebecca. I admire those who follow through with crafts and such...I am not the most patient person in the world, shall we say.

    -T. x

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and drop me a comment-- I appreciate them so much! I try to reply to all comments you leave me as quick as I can, whether it's on my blog or yours.
Love,
Rebecca :)